Our cruises begin and end in Sitka, Ketchikan, or Juneau (depending on itinerary). After making your reservation with us, please complete the Guest Information Form to confirm your flight arrival and departure information, emergency contact information, and other itinerary-specific details (this information is very important to us). Upon arrival at the Sitka, Juneau, or Ketchikan airport, an Alaskan Dream Cruises Representative will meet you and provide additional instructions. We provide complimentary transportaion when you arrive, as well as on the day of embarkation; we recommend flying in no later than one day prior to your sailing.
Southeast Alaska Weather
During the Alaska cruise season, May through September, expect daytime temperatures between 55° and 65° F, with nighttime five degrees cooler (although in summer there is daylight most of the time). Temperature rarely exceeds 75° F, even in mid-summer. Southeast Alaska weather is influenced by its maritime climate, high mountains, and extensive glacier coverage.
What to Pack
There are no formal occasions and because of Alaska’s casual style, each itinerary is active, outdoor-oriented and designed for marine and wildlife viewing.
We suggest you bring:
- We provide waterproof jackets, pants, and boots for use during your cruise, but recommend bringing your personal jacket.
- Layered clothing options such as synthetic (polypropylene, fleece, Capilene®, Gore-tex®) or wool are excellent choices. Sweaters, sweatshirts,
and light waterproof jackets are also worth packing.
- Warm hat and gloves
- Comfortable and sturdy waterproof walking shoes or all-terrain footwear.
- Adequate clothing for the duration of your voyage. (no laundry facility onboard).
- Prescriptions for both medication and eye glasses, in the event they are misplaced.
- Binoculars are provided at no charge. However, we recommend bringing your own, as they may suit you better.
- Bring a journal or sketchbook if you keep one — you’ll have lots to write about.
- If you are a birder, bring your field guides.
- Postcards, note cards, and stationery can be purchased locally.
- Sunglasses are a necessity on sunny days. Even on cloudy days, the glare is pronounced on the water. It is also a good idea to bring sunscreen.
- Depending on weather conditions, you may have the opportunity to join the “Killer Whale Club” by jumping into the ocean in a wilderness bay. Pack your swim suit!
- Playing cards, board games, and an Alaska reference library are available onboard, but many guests will pack a favorite book or other
form of personal travel entertainment.
- Southeast Alaska can get warm! It's always a great idea to pack some warm-weather gear, such as short-sleeved t-shirts, shorts, capris, etc.
- Guest staterooms aboard vessels have standard 110-volt outlets.
- A hairdryer is provided in each guest cabin.
- Towels are provided, as well as a selection of organic, biodegradable, earth-friendly soaps and shampoos.
- Mattresses, sheets, pillows, and duvets are hypo-allergenic synthetic.
- We suggest limiting yourself to two pieces of luggage. Soft-sided luggage is recommended.
- Laundry services are not available on board. We can provide you with an iron if you require one.
- We have a library of books that pertain to many aspects of Alaska such as history, geology, and wildlife. Each vessel has a lounge designed for marine and wildlife viewing. We offer afternoon and/or evening educational presentations to educate guests on the many fascinating aspects of Alaska history, geology, and wildlife.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the vessel, including all staterooms. Smoking is permitted on selected outside decks. All public buildings, including restaurants, in Alaska prohibit smoking. Smoking is permitted in some bars and lounges ashore.
- Mobile (cellular) phone service is available in limited areas throughout Southeast Alaska. A member of the crew will be able to advise when this service is likely to be available. Alaskan Dream Cruises' vessels are equipped with satellite phones for business operations and emergencies. However, due to the mountain region of this area this service can be intermittent.
Alaskan Dream Cruises
Sales & Reservations Office Hours
8 am to 5 pm Mon - Fri (AKST/AKDT)
Alaskan Dream Cruises is authorized by Special Use Permit to provide Guiding and Outfitting services in the Tongass National Forest. Alaskan Dream Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
Alaskan Dream Cruises partners with Travel Guard Insurance. Please ask one of our Alaska experts for additional information.