To book your cruise please contact your travel professional, or call us at 855-747-8100 (or 907-747-8100). You may also submit your reservation request through our online reservation requests form. Cruises are sold on a space available basis.
At Alaskan Dream Cruises (ADC), we believe strongly in sustainable tourism practices. We pride ourselves on “green” operations. Therefore, the reduction of consumable resources such as paper is one of our goals. To that end, all documentation will be forwarded via e-mail unless hard paper copies are requested. Welcoming e-mail and preliminary travel information as well as required forms will be forwarded within five (5) days of receiving your deposit. Final documents will be e-mailed within two weeks of receiving your final payment. Documents may be delayed if any payment is late.
A deposit of $750.00 per person is required to secure a reservation. ADC requests receipt of your deposit within five (5) business days of your reservation. Note that reservations will only be confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Deposits and other payments may be paid via credit card or personal check.
Final payment of 100% of passage fare (with credit given for any prior payments) is required no less than 90 days before the departure date of your cruise or at the time of the reservation if made less than 90 days before departure. If final payment is not received in time, confirmed reservations will be cancelled with rebooking subject to space availability.
- Selected guest cabin facilities
- All meals aboard the vessel, or where otherwise indicated
- A complimentary glass of wine or beer with dinner
- Selected shore excursions as indicated in itinerary documents
- Ground transportation from the airport to lodgings, or ship in Sitka, Juneau, and Ketchikan upon arrival and day of sailing. As well as the day of departure from the ship.
- All standard onboard services
- Airfare to and from your home city
- Pre and Post Cruise hotel accommodations
- Non-complimentary beer, wine, or alcohol selections
- Discretionary gratuities to crew
- Travel insurance
- All taxes and port fees
Cancellation of confirmed reservations for any reason are subject to the following cancellation fee schedule per person:
- 120 days or more prior to departure date: $375.00
- 119 – 90 days prior to departure date: $750.00
- 89 – 45 days prior to departure date: 50% of full fare
- 44 – 0 days prior to departure date: 100% of full fare
No refunds will be made on unused tours, accommodations or cruise package features when voluntarily cancelled or omitted by the passenger or when due to acts or failure to act by third party providers or other causes or acts beyond Alaskan Dream Cruises reasonable control. Claims and adjustments regarding services not operated by Alaskan Dream Cruises must be submitted in writing within 60 days of the termination date of said cruise. Any refunds will be issued through the original booking agent. Any travel insurance you may have purchased may provide additional remedies.
Alaskan Dream Cruises recommends purchasing travel insurance from Travel Guard to help protect you against cancellation penalties, trips cut short by illness or emergency, baggage loss or damage and other travel problems. Please ask our Alaska Sales & Reservations Specialist who can provide additional information or click on the following link Travel Guard Insurance
Transportation to and from Southeast Alaska: Our cruises begin in Sitka, Ketchikan or Juneau and there are two methods of transportation to get here which are via an airline or ferry. Please contact us for additional information.
Lodging space in Sitka, Ketchikan, and Juneau can be limited during May, June, July, August and September. Please contact us for recommendations or to secure reservations.
Smoking is allowed only in selected designated areas on outside decks. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere inside the vessel.
Handling of your baggage from airport or hotel to the vessel and from the vessel to the airport or hotel is included with your cruise fare for day of departure or one day prior to departure. Alaskan Dream Cruises is not responsible for damage or loss to baggage while in the custody of airlines or other third party transportation vehicles. Alaskan Dream Cruises responsibility for baggage while in Alaskan Dream Cruises custody is limited to the reasonable value of any items damaged or lost. Any travel insurance you may have purchased may provide additional remedies.
In the event of flight delays, Alaskan Dream Cruises will make reasonable efforts to connect you with your itinerary. However, any added costs are the responsibility of the passenger.
If inclement weather or other conditions beyond Alaskan Dream Cruises reasonable control delay or interrupt an Alaskan Dream Cruises itinerary, and result in additional transportation or accommodation costs, these costs are solely the responsibility of the passenger.
Alaskan Dream Cruises requires passengers to notify it in writing at the time of reservation of any physical or mental illness or condition which require special accommodations or services including use of a wheelchair. Passengers requiring personal assistance or who are physically disabled must be accompanied by someone who assumes full responsibility for such assistance for both the regular activities of the cruise as well as any emergency situation. Alaskan Dream Cruises will make reasonable efforts to accommodate passengers with medical or physical limitations, but reserves the right to deny boarding to a passenger whose condition may affect their safety or enjoyment of the cruise or that of other passengers, or that may affect the safety or operation of the cruise.
Passengers requiring a wheelchair should bring their own. Some shore excursions preclude the use of a wheelchair. Physical conditions aboard the vessel such as stairs, raised thresholds, no elevator, and narrow doorways or passageways may limit wheelchair use, create challenges for mobility challenged passengers, or restrict access to some areas aboard the vessel.
Special diet requests must be received in writing at least 60 days prior to departure. However, even with such notice, Alaskan Dream Cruises may not be able to accommodate all such requests.
Medical facilities for much of the itinerary are limited and often are difficult to access. All crew members aboard Alaskan Dream Cruises vessels are CPR certified, but trained medical personnel are NOT available aboard Alaskan Dream Cruises vessels.
Embarking and disembarking is accommodated through the use of gangways, or in some instances, excursion vessels. Ports facilities and tide conditions greatly influence and vary the steepness or placement of gangways or dock ramps.
A passport or visa is not required of citizens of the United States of America (except on select itineraries that visit Skagway). A valid government approved ID is required to board the vessel. Foreign citizens are required to have appropriate passport and visas as may be required by US Homeland Security Administration regulations.
Alaskan Dream Cruises occasionally photographs or videos passengers and activities during the course of a cruise. Alaskan Dream Cruises reserves the right to use such photographs or videos for marketing and/or training purposes without obligation to compensate the passenger, and each passenger consents to such use.
Shore excursions, either included or discretionary may involve touring in a variety of physical environments. Each passenger must determine their own fitness and suitability for any shore excursions. Additionally, the Captain, in his/her sole discretion, may, but has no duty to do so, limit passenger participation in activities that could compromise safety.
Alaskan Dream Cruises is not to be considered the principal of any off-vessel operators, and bears no responsibility for their actions or lack thereof.
Alaskan Dream Cruises is not responsible for injuries, illness, or death occurring off the vessel or during shore excursions or off vessel activities and the passenger assumes all those risks. Alaskan Dream Cruises is not responsible for any expense or cost incurred by a passenger due to delays, weather conditions or cancellations of shore excursions or transportation during the cruise.
Alaskan Dream Cruises is not responsible for personal injuries, illness, or death resulting from any peril at sea or cause not within its direct control.
The Captain may, in his/her sole discretion, refuse to transport, confine to a stateroom, or disembark any passenger for among other things illness, disease, injury, mental illness, posing a direct threat to the safety or wellness of self or other passengers or crew or vulgar or improper conduct, illegal substance possession or use, refusal to obey regulations, or otherwise endangering other passengers or crew. Such passenger will bear any expenses related to the above.
Alaskan Dream Cruises operations have been approved by the Federal Maritime Commission.
- Wildlife is unpredictable, but plentiful in the area, and chances are good for fantastic marine and wildlife viewing.
- When viewing wildlife, we strictly adhere to all suggested or required distances and procedures recommended by local, state and federal wildlife agencies. Sensitive viewing of wildlife that does not disturb their behavior is paramount to protect wildlife populations.
- Your Cultural and Scientific Expedition Leaders are experienced professional guides and will be able to provide more insight into the marine and wildlife we are viewing.
- Alaska is famous for its mosquitoes, but they are found in numbers mostly in the interior and arctic regions of Alaska. They are not that offensive in Southeast Alaska where weather is cooler and we are mostly on the water and away from land. If bugs or mosquitoes become prevalent our Expedition Leaders will provide you with bug spray.
- Reminder: Alaskan Dream Cruises provides binoculars to use during your cruise.
Suggestion: Our schedules are busy with activities, tours and evening programs. However, some free time exists to enjoy the area on your own. As all Alaskans do, we strongly suggest you tell someone (roommate, friend or crew member) where you are going and when we can expect you to return. It’s good practice and the Alaskan way of life!
Itinerary arrival and departure times are always subject to change without notice. Alaskan Dream Cruises reserves the right to cancel, alter, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary, substitute another vessel for the scheduled ship, or substitute or cancel scheduled ports of call in its sole judgment and discretion, and to do so without liability for any loss whatsoever to passengers as a result of said change(s).
Disembarkation is approximately 8:15 am on the last day of your cruise. The earliest flight out is typically 10:00 am.
- This area is a photographer’s paradise. Bring film if you still use it as a very limited selection of film available locally and will be much more expensive. Conditions vary wildly, but low light conditions predominate. Bring extra batteries — they may be difficult or impossible to get locally. You may also want a tripod, UV haze filter, and polarizing filter. Wildlife photographers will want at least a 300mm lens. There isn’t a computer available to download digital photos, so bring your own or an extra memory card if you use digital.
- The most frequently asked question we hear is, “When is the best time to visit Southeast Alaska?” Alaska is known for its natural beauty, wildlife viewing, and marine life. Southeast Alaska is rich in history and culture, totem poles, fresh seafood, long daylight hours and the list goes on; so advising our guests when to travel to Southeast Alaska depends on your own passions and interests. Our knowledgeable, Sitka-based reservations team can help direct you to the best cruise departure so you can experience your ultimate Alaskan Dream Cruise.
- The Alaskan Dream Cruises’ team of professionally trained chefs takes great pride in presenting outstanding meal selections featuring fresh, organic, and locally produced food. Menus change daily, and include a seafood or meat entrée, as well as a vegetarian option. Fresh, locally caught Alaskan seafood is a specialty of Alaskan Dream Cruises.
- Early risers can enjoy fruits, pastries, and hot beverages an hour before breakfast. Meal times vary depending on the day’s activity schedule.
- Our Dining Room table configuration allows easy conversation and seating is never assigned so guests can choose different meal companions at each meal.
- A nightly social hour hour is presented an hour prior to dinner and features delicious freshly prepared hors d‘oeuvres in our forward viewing lounges.
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and apple cider are available at all times.
- Special diets or meal requests can be accommodated in most cases. If you require a special diet or have allergies to certain foods, be sure to note those on the Dietary Preference Form so we may accommodate your needs. It is important to give us some advance notice of special diet needs so appropriate food can be on board.
- A selection of fine alcoholic beverages, beer, and wine are available for independent purchase, but are not included in your cruise fare. Unfinished wine can be capped and held for you.
- Most establishments accept credit cards, and ATM cash machines are available in the towns. Traveler’s checks are accepted at most establishments.
- An onboard account is established for your purchases of alcoholic beverages, gifts or clothing sold aboard the vessel and at Orca Point Lodge otherwise known as a “cashless” society. You will settle your account prior to disembarking on the last day of your cruise. Major credit cards, personal checks or a cash payment are accepted.