JUNEAU SHORE SUPPORT
REPORTS TO: Shore Support Coordinator
Shore Support staff members are responsible for overseeing all passenger departures and arrivals from the Juneau Airport, as well as for providing transportation to and from hotel accommodations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work according to the core Values of True Alaskan Hospitality as defined in our Mission Statement: Immerse each guest in personable and unsurpassed level of service we call True Alaskan Hospitality.
- Responsible for friendly, courteous and gracious service to all guests.
- Provide time-critical airport transportation for arriving and departing guests.
- Answer guest questions regarding itinerary schedules.
- Provide direction for luggage service contractors, to ensure luggage is well taken care of, and arrives in the correct locations.
- Plan and prepare guest Welcome Packets and other materials prior to each departure.
- Show a strong customer service mind-set and warm hospitality in interacting with all guests and crew.
- Clearly and consistently communicate the day’s schedule verbally to guests.
- Maintain awareness of basic safety rules, workplace safety and respect for the environment.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Outlook and other various office duties.
- Provide vessel support by fulfilling and delivering timely linen orders.
- Provide vessel support by fulfilling just in time purchase requests for goods and groceries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be minimum 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record.
- Must pass a security background check and DOT drug test.
- 1-3 years of experience and/or education in the hospitality industry within the last 3 years.
- Proven team player and have a Can-Do attitude.
- Organized, even tempered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and guest service aptitude.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Ability to take directions and work with a diverse team.
- Ability to interpret and follow rules, policy and procedures.
- Ability to maintain composure with courteous and professional demeanor.
TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong commitment to safety.
- A genuine desire to serve the public.
- Positive, personable and professional demeanor.
- Adaptive to learning new skills and knowledge.
- Adaptive to changes in a progressive work environment.
- Strong record of being organized, dependable and punctual.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to work within a diverse workforce.
It is strongly recommended that applicants have access to a computer and a mobile phone during the entire hiring process. We expect to hear from candidates within a few days of our communication (request for interview, documentation, follow up, etc.) Recruitment process cannot continue if the candidate is not responsive. Please note that how you communicate with a potential employer is part of the evaluation process. Always be polite, prompt and professional when communicating with the office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a diverse workforce. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be physically able to work a flexible workday of about 8-10 hours per day including early mornings and late nights dependent on airport and ferry schedules, seven days a week. Environmental conditions generally include ambient inside temperature, ambient inside lighting, ambient to loud noise levels, all weather conditions, occasional use of required protective clothing including raingear. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven dock and deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel.