Updated May 9, 2022
Dear Alaskan Dream Cruises guest,
Our locally owned company is thrilled to be hosting you in Alaska this summer. Our mission is to immerse each guest in an unsurpassed level of service we call True Alaskan Hospitality. A major component of this hospitality is also our foremost core value–making safety our highest priority. Over the past few years, this has taken on a whole new meaning and we have been meticulous in developing onboard COVID-19 mitigation measures.
To ensure maximum safety aboard our vessels, and minimal interruptions, we require all guests and crew (age 18 and older) to have received a COVID-19 vaccination. This also provides peace of mind for residents of the small Alaska towns and villages in which we call.
We appreciate your understanding of this policy and are here to answer any questions. Please stay tuned to this page for updates regarding these protocols.
We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 updates from the CDC, State Department, Health & Human Services Department, as well as the State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.
The Allen Family
2022 Health & Safety Policies
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all guests 18 years of age and older
- Thorough and constant disinfection of all common areas and touch points. (To ensure we always have a large supply of hospital grade disinfectant on hand, we are now manufacturing our own EPA-registered solution right here in Sitka, Alaska! Click here to learn more about Aquaox Disinfectant)
- Disinfection of transportation vehicles between every use
- Increased hand sanitation stations throughout each vessel
- Pre-expedition guest questionnaires to mitigate potential health risks before an expedition sets sail
- Elimination of all buffet and self-serve food and beverage options
- Sterilizing UV lights on HVAC/vent systems
- The wearing of masks aboard Alaskan Dream Cruises vessels is optional
- As of May 9, 2022, Alaskan Dream Cruises is no longer requiring proof of a negative antigen/PCR COVID-19 test in order to board our vessels. Our vaccination requirement remains in place for the 2022 season. While pre-testing is no longer a requirement, we still highly encourage all guests to monitor for symptoms and test before sailing. If you test positive prior to your cruise, please contact our reservations office at 1-855-747-8100. Alaskan Dream Cruises has supplies aboard each vessel to conduct tests for symptomatic travelers.
Depending on the circumstances, we may also:
- Institute staggered dining and educational presentations to increase ability to maintain physical distancing aboard
Alaskan Dream Cruises expeditions are flexible. Even under “normal” circumstances, we often make adjustments to itineraries when spectacular wildlife sightings are made or as the weather dictates. This is a key part of what makes our adventures so exciting! In 2022, this flexibility will allow us to adjust our adventures if we need to avoid certain excursions or communities due to virus concerns. Luckily, the Inside Passage boasts countless wild places to explore by kayak, skiff, and on foot. And as locals, we know the best of them!